2 ½ c. tomatoes
12 sundried tomatoes, soaked
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, or 2 or 3
3 dates, pitted
2 Tbs. parsley
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. sea salt
- Spiralize the zucchinis in the Saladacco* on the angel hair pasta setting.**
- Pour angel hair pasta into a large bowl.
- Place all of the Marinara ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over angel hair zucchini pasta and serve.
Saladacco is the brand name of a spiralizer, similar to ones I have seen in health food stores. There are several varieties of spiralizers on Amazon.com, and stores like Bed, Bath, and Beyond carry them, as well. They are good items for a fresh, whole food kitchen, providing creativity potential with vegetables . (JWS)
* A slightly wider “spaghetti” noodle can be made by putting the zucchini through a mandolin. For a still wider “linguine” noodle, partially peel the zucchini with a peeler, then continue to peel it into noodles, down as far as the seeds. (AC)
From Living on Live Foods by Alissa Cohen.