This recipe makes a large amount, but it won’t go to waste. You can enjoy it for a few days. Adjust the amount of cayenne to suit your taste. Warming spices and peppers make it a perfect winter dish and a good metabolism booster.
4 cups sprouted barley (unhulled)
½ teaspoon curry
2 Tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
¼ cup small red onion, diced
1 medium carrot, shredded
½ cup chili powder
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon cayenne
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup honey
1 cup water
½ cup olive oil
2 oranges, juiced
10 medium to large tomatoes, cut into large chunks
1 small onion
1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- In a very large bowl mix together the barley, curry, Braggs Liquid Aminos, green bell pepper, red onion, and carrot.
- To the above mixture add in chili powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne, garlic, honey, water, olive oil, oranges, and tomatoes.
- In a food processor, blend the dates, onion, and sun dried tomatoes into a thick paste.
- Remove from food processor, Add this paste to the bowl with the other ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- From Living on Live Food, by Alissa Cohen