These may sound unexciting, but they are superb, and perfect for spring and summer weather. The marinated onion and portabella mushrooms give it a great flavor! – Alissa Cohen
2 very large collard leaves
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
1 avocado or guacamole (see recipe below)
1 cup sliced onion ringlets
1 cup portabella mushrooms, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 cups lettuce
- Marinate the onions and portabella mushrooms in Bragg Liquid Aminos for 10 minutes or longer.
- Lay the collard leaves flat with the inside facing up.
- Drain the onions and mushrooms well.
- Place a scoop of avocado or guacamole, half the zucchini, half the carrot, half the mushroom and onion mixture and half the lettuce on one leaf.
- Roll the leaf up and continue to do the same with the other leaf.
NOTE: If you are not using very large leaves you will have to put less filling in each one.
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup cilantro (optional)
Sea salt to taste
- Place onions, tomatoes, cilantro, sea salt and cayenne in a food processor and pulse chop until chunky
- Peel and pit avocados and cut into large chunks.
- Place avocados in food processor with other ingredients and pulse chop to desired consistency.