2 cups sesame seeds
1 cup raisins
½ cup dried, shredded coconut
½ cup flaxseed meal (ground flax seeds)
½ cup tahini (or other nut butter -almond, cashew)
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup agave nectar or coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla
¾ tsp sea salt
1. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently with a spoon
3. Press mixture FIRMLY down into a large dish,(such as a brownie pan).
4. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Bars should always be kept in the freezer and eaten when chilled.
Some notes about this recipe-
The sesame seeds are important because they lend that chewy texture; the flax seed meal is important because it holds the bars together, the tahini (or other nut butter) is important because it provides creaminess, and the coconut oil is important because it semi-hardens the bar in the freezer.